Online Relationship Counselling is a specialty area of Caring4Couples.
Caring4Couples is committed to a non-judgemental approach to helping all couples, individuals and families enjoy more fulfilling, loving relationships.
One of the most prevalent conditions of being human is loneliness. And I hear frequently in my work with couples that even if they are living together sharing a home, at least one partner may be suffering from loneliness.
When disconnection occurs through habitual avoidance of confronting difficult issues and it becomes apparently easier to lead separate lives, the result is often a quiet despair.
The opposite may also happen where one partner feels belittled and ridiculed in a very ugly and toxic expression of disguised anger by the other.
Then there is the other often used escape route of the affair. This can happen in many different scenarios ranging from “innocent” trawling through dating websites or chat rooms to the ultimate betrayal of a full sexual affair.
Somehow the above means of coping seems preferable to admitting there is a problem and seeking help. Somehow they also seem preferable to ending the relationship.
Human beings tend to be creatures of habit. We don’t usually “do change” very well. According to relationship and marriage expert Dr. John Gottman, couples wait an average of six years of being unhappy before getting help. This is apparently the time it takes to build up enough resentment, despair, loneliness and frustration to either end the relationship or seek help. Unfortunately six years can be too late if one person has given up or “shipped out” emotionally. It makes the therapist’s task far more difficult to facilitate the couple in rebuilding their loving connection.
Is This You?
- Do you have concerns about relating to yourself and other important people in your life?
- Do you live/work in a remote area?
- Do you travel frequently making it difficult to keep appointments?
- Are you in a long distance relationship?
- Do you have young children and finding a babysitter is difficult?
- Are you housebound due to illness or disability?
- Are you a very private person who may prefer the anonymity of counselling online?
- Would you appreciate a wider choice of counselling service?
- Are there insufficient hours in the day to fit in travelling to a counselling appointment?
- Would you value meeting a counsellor who offers appointment availability?
If the answer is "yes" to any of the above questions, then you may find online relationship counselling to be a convenient alternative that suits your needs.
Why choose Christine Bennett as a provider of online relationship counselling?
- Christine Bennett has extensive experience over 20 years of helping couples, individuals and families with life's concerns.
- Christine is a highly trained and qualified clinical registrant of PACFA.
- Christine is a certified Imago Relationship Therapist.
- Appointments are available where it suits you - no travelling time or additional expenses.
- Your privacy and professional confidentiality is ensured.
- Flexible appointment times are available including after hours and weekends.
- Online appointments can be made between 7:00am and 6:00pm Sydney local time.
- If you are anywhere other than NSW Australia, you may find this world clock handy.
- All Online appointments conducted by Christine Bennett are subject to the laws of NSW Australia. Please read disclaimer before proceeding.
- All consultations are conducted in English language only.
- Fee for individual 60 minute consultation is AUD$170.00.
- Fee for couple's 90 minute consultation is AUD$230.00.
- Payment can be made by electronic funds transfer, credit card at end of session, or online prior to session.
Please read carefully
- FOR ONLINE PAYMENTS PLEASE GO TO PAYMENT PAGE. MasterCard, Visa and PayPal are accepted. Your payment is requested to be made 24 hours prior to appointment time.
- Alternatively, payment by electronic funds transfer can be arranged prior to your appointment with deposit made 24 hours in advance. Please notify me if this is your preferred payment method with at least 3 days notice so I can forward deposit information.
If for any reason you are unable to attend your scheduled appointment, 24 hours notice is required otherwise full fee is applicable. Exceptions apply for emergencies only.
If you have provided your mobile phone number and are situated in Australia, you will be sent an SMS reminder the day before your appointment. International clients will receive an email reminder.
Confidential Information Form:
Please select the appropriate Confidential Information Form below.
IMPORTANT: For appointments for a couple, it is required that BOTH PARTNERS fill out the form.
The PDF form can be saved to your computer, completed, and then returned by email. Please ensure that the form is signed. This can be done digitally within Adobe Reader.
Steps to take now
How safe is online counselling?
Online counselling is conducted in a secure meeting room. You will be given the URL of the meeting room when you request an appointment.
Please use the enquiry form provided to ask any further questions you may have.